Monday, January 24, 2022

Not Even A Call?

 

Cell Call Clipart - Clipart Kid | Iphone, Smartphone applications, Phone

“Man, something came up

That I did not anticipate

And I could not come by you,

I had another date.”

 

“But you really understand

That you messed up my day?

I was here waiting on you

And that’s all you can say?”

 

“But something came up,

What you expect me to do?

I sure you’d do the same thing

If it had happened to you.”

 

“But you told me tomorrow

And that was five days ago

And you tell me something come up

As though I should know!

Cell Call Clipart - Clipart Kid | Iphone, Smartphone applications, Phone

 

As a matter of fact

It was me that decided to call you,

Being undecided in my mind

About what to do.”

 

“But something came up

And I did not have a choice,

There is no need for your carrying on

And raising your voice.”

 

“But seriously, you for real?

Five days ago, you promised me

Next day you will come back

And we both agree.

 

Now the dripping got worse

Lots of water down the drain,

My water bill will definitely go up

And I should not complain?

 

You got to be out o’ your head

You cannot be for real,

If you think that is a good excuse

I tell you it done fail.”

 

“But something came up

And it had me in a real bind,

I had no choice but to do that job

And get it off my mind.”

Cell Call Clipart - Clipart Kid | Iphone, Smartphone applications, Phone

“But tell me something, my man,

Not even a call?

You actually work the last five days

With no break at all?

 

I notice you’ve gone dumb

Like there’s nothing more to say,

All you workmen are the same

You operate the same way.

 

Not even a call to say

Sorry, I can no longer come

But I will definitely contact you

When this job is done.”

 

“Sir, I most certainly agree

And I really should have called

But after I left you on Monday

My cellphone had a fall.

 

You were most fortunate

To get through when you call,

I can finish your job tomorrow

If that is all.”

Cell Call Clipart - Clipart Kid | Iphone, Smartphone applications, Phone

Not even a call?

I really cannot believe this,

And he has the gall to think

That he is still on my list.

 

Stewart Russell © December 12, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment