Friday, January 14, 2022

Writer's Block

 

Writer's block, or a lack of will? | by Logan Ramsey | Medium 

 

At least twice a year

With this I come face to face,

I know I need to write

But of what, I cannot trace.

 

It is four days now

I have not typed a stroke

Hence, I feel a little guilty

Since last I wrote.

 

On the other occasions

I just decided to write

And before long it was “Aha!”

An issue came to light.

 

Up to now, however,

Nothing is beginning to gel

Yet there are many topics today

On which the people dwell.

 

Over 100 candidates contesting in 2022 General Elections | Loop Barbados

 

Elections is one of them

COVID is still in the air,

To vaccinate or not to vaccinate

Is still creating some fear.

 

A very good friend of mine

Just went to the great beyond

And he is very much on my mind

Every awaking dawn.

 

He has caused my block,

He dominates my thoughts

And I dare say for four days now

I’ve been quite distraught.

 

 

It doesn’t seem real

That he has passed away

And denial plagues my thoughts

Each and every day.

 


 

A reminder of the year 2017

And a repeat of 2018

When two equally dear friends

Departed from this scene.

 

They died relatively suddenly

At the age of fifty-nine,

And that's the age my friend Stephen

Also completed his time.

 

 Pearline, Michael and Stephen,

Three friends at age fifty-nine:

“A turn on life's road with a pothole"

Suggested a friend of mine.

 

It was at age fifty-nine

That he too had a serious bump

But the grim reaper lost the battle

And was temporarily trumped.

File:Melbourne tram route 59 icon.svg - Wikipedia

Another friend of Stephen

Is now particularly concerned,

He too is at age fifty-nine,

“Could he be next in turn?”

 

It is amazing, my friend,

How we sometimes think

And these obsessive tendencies

Can drive us to the brink.

 

It’s "one day at a time" for me

In addition to "wait and see",

My times are in the Lord’s hand

And what will be will be.

 

Fatalism and painful human condition, pictured as a wooden human • wall  stickers three-dimensional, background, high | myloview.com

 

That may sound fatalistic,

If so, I am guilty as accused

But this one thing I know quite well,

Jesus, I’ll never refuse.

 

A daily choice we make

Is that of acceptance or rejection:

A choice of death or eternal life,

It is a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ decision.

 

‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to the Lord Jesus,

‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to redemption,

Age fifty-nine is not the issue

The issue is one’s salvation.

 

Beat Writer's Block: 5 Tips for Writing Your Best | Grammarly

  

Hey!  It is gone!

My writer's block is gone!

I started where I knew not where

But God has brought me on.

 

All credit to Him I give

Now and forevermore,

For even when my mind goes awry

It’s in Jesus Christ I soar.

 

Stewart Russell © January 13, 2022

 

1 comment:

  1. Words penned from the belly of your well.
    Or the well of you belly
    Which? I can't tell.
    But one thing is sure
    That both of us know.
    Writers block can never
    stop, inspiration from its flow.


    ReplyDelete