Monday, January 31, 2022

I Told You So

 

English 1 | Baamboozle

 

A spider

 Trapped in its own web

Is likely, my friend,

To be very dead.

 

However, a fly,

Trapped in a spider’s web

Is more than likely

The spider’s bread.

 

Constitution then republic

Was the way to go

But you ignored everybody

Since you alone know.

 

I told you so. - The Experiment

 

I told you so

And now it has occurred!

      You absolutely refused

To accept my word.

 

Republic then constitution

An unnecessary haste!

And given current events,

An obvious waste!

 

Do the oil change first

Then fix the engine!

“The cart before the horse”-

Our perennial problem!

 

I think I have an Oil Leak. Now What? - Cassels Garage

 

A waste of new oil!

I am sure you realize

Blood transfusions come

Before the patient dies.

 

Fix the constitution

And let it be your guide,

The other way around

Is not being wise.

 

What is now passed

Cannot ever be reversed

And what we have put second

Cannot now be put first.

 

And as slow learners

We repeat our mistakes

Hence, ad hoc amendments

For our choices’ sake.

 

Not bad choices

If I may say so

But I wish all was in place

To make an easy flow.

 

Fix the constitution

And let it be the guide,

Not the other way around

Like it’s being applied.

 

Changing the constitution

To institute a wish

Is like putting one’s food

And afterwards, the dish.

 

Analysis is needed,

A thorough one at that

 And picking here and there

Is kind of slack.

 

English 1 | Baamboozle

 

The web traps the fly

Once it intrudes

But a very dead spider

Is a fly’s food.

 

Stewart Russell© January 30, 2022

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment