Thursday, January 27, 2022

None Without A Belief

 

Who Decides What is True May 22 2011

 

An atheist and an agnostic

Stopped to talk one day

And the following, my friend,

Is what they had to say.

 

Asked the atheist of the agnostic

“What do you believe?”

“Only what I now know

And by nature, what I’ve received.”

 

“So, you don’t believe in God?”

The atheist prodded.

“I don’t know whether there is one.”

To this, the atheist applauded.

 

Atheism is On the Rise in Generation Z - Impact 360 Institute

 

“Clearly there is none.”

The atheist advanced,

Figuring this was his opportunity

He took the offered chance.

 

“If there is a God,

He just couldn’t care,

Given all the evil around

And what we must bear.

 

If there is a God

And he actually cares,

Then he is powerless to change it.

Now that’s a real fear!

 

So, for me, there’s no God.

I can’t believe there is one

And the way you talk, Agnostic,

I am not alone.”

Agnostic vs. Atheist: Difference between Atheist vs. Agnostic • 7ESL

“Hold up just a minute!

I never said that.

Actually, I do not know we can know

Which one is fact.

 

It can’t be truly known

Whether there is a God or not.

In fact, I believe with all my heart

Christians have lost the plot.”

 

“So, you don’t believe in God?”

The atheist query again.

“Re a definitive position,” says the agnostic,

I respectfully abstain.

 

“So, what do you believe?”

It was the turn of the agnostic.

“Perhaps you are more assured than I

And more than a skeptic.”

 

“What is there to believe

Except all that one can see?

Nature is all that one can see

And nature is all there be.

 

Exactly how much 'nature time' do we need to boost well-being?

 

I believe in nature,

An everyday teacher is she.

There’s nothing beyond Mother Nature,

That’s all we need to see.

 

You’re right, I am not a skeptic

And I have no need to be.

Mother Nature supplies the answers,

Any moron can see.

 

You don’t know what to believe

But I most surely do.

There is no God for me

And there is no God for you.”

 

“You can decide that for you

But not also for me.

I will make my own decisions

Based on what I see.

 

As an agnostic, I sit on the fence

And maybe one day I’ll change

But given your fickle presumptions,

I find you rather strange.

 

I’d rather be an agnostic

Than to be an atheist any day

And in my humble opinion,

You have lost your way."

  

Non-sensical in their beliefs

Both ridicule the Christian

For believing what Christians believe

And regarding the creation.

 

But the gravity of the situation

Goes much further than this

Since concerning what ultimately matters

They both are at risk.

 

For he that will come to God

Must first believe God exists

And neither the atheist nor the agnostic

Has come around to this.

 

We All Live by Faith in Someone or Something — Jeff Vanderstelt

 

None is without a belief

Everybody has one,

Whether in God or something else,

There is a belief of some form.

 

Atheists say there is no God

Agnostics posit we cannot know,

Christians believe it ultimately matters;

God’s Word tells us so.

 

Since all are wired to believe

Why not believe God’s Word?

If right now you are reading this

I trust you have concurred.

 

Stewart Russell © September 16, 2021

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment