Tuesday, March 05, 2019

My Sweetheart




Today is my wife’s birthday
She still looks quite young,
Just three years younger than I
Her adoring clown.

I admire her so much
That she doesn’t know,
Because of this macho streak in me
Sometimes it doesn’t show.

But I want to tell her today
In front of my face book family,
Girl I love you with all of my heart
And I know that you love me.

Ignore those times I am strange
When even I don’t understand me,
See beyond the facade
And love with me tenderly.

For I am sometimes like a child
And maybe vexed with the world,
It has nothing to do with you,
You are my precious pearl.

It took so much out of me
To swallow that macho streak
But for once in our relationship
I must let my heart speak.

And my heart says I love you
More and more each day,
Forget the stupid body language
I won’t have it any other way.


So happy birthday my sweetheart
May the joy of this day be yours,
And may you have many more birthdays;:
Love, hugs and kisses galore!

Stewart Russell (c) 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment