Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Bare Talk




It’s all I am hearing
Just bare talk,
In the morning and evening
Wherever I walk.

We will do this and that
But no timeline,
Bare talk I am hearing
Little action of any kind.

There is a need for that
It must be done
But don't hold your breath
You had better run.

You just might not live
Should you even dare!
Cause talk in fashion
That is my fear.

Give us a chance
We will get to that
But concerning when
Not a crack.


Bear talk I am hearing
From high and low,
"Even in the church"
Someone told me so.

They say talk is cheap
It is comforting too
But I’m no fool
And I trust not you.

Well it comes down to if
If we can get it done
We will tap the rhythm
If we have the drum.

We will follow through
Never you doubt
But just talk I’m hearing
And they even shout.
  
It is really bad
We didn’t know it was so
But we will fix it
We told you so.

We’ll stick to our word
No need to fear,
I suppose "nuff" talk helps
To clear the air.

In this regard
There’s a new term around,
"Let’s have a conversation"
How does that sound?

Bare talk in the church
Bare talk in the land
Bare talk everywhere
That must be the plan.

 Bear talk in the community
But not so on the block
Action galore
We can’t get it stopped.


Guns  are barking
And knives are stabbing
Culprits are watching
And property grabbing.

No time for talk
But lots of action instead,
Nothing we can do
Eighteen already dead.

Words, words, words
Oratorical and eloquent,
Bare talk I am hearing
Sounds rather fluent.

Makes a lot of sense
Pretty talking does
But until the action comes
Words just buzz.

I’m hearing bare talk
Inconsequential chatter
But regarding action
That’s a different matter.

Talk sets us up
We even begin to hope
But when nothing changes
It is difficult to cope.

I would leave
But planes getting grounded
And where would I go?
Talk has us surrounded.

Nothing before its time
Maybe that applies here
But the talk I’m hearing
Doesn’t abate my fear.

I have a solution
But that would be bare talk too
It's a God-given solution
But who will follow through?

A return to God's word
That's what I would advocate,
It's the best life manual
Make no mistake

Transformation is action
It is a modelled walk,
It is Christ-like behaviour
It is not just bare talk.

Stewart Russell © March 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment