Saturday, March 23, 2019

Me My Friend and I






We always move together
Me, my friend and I
And should one try to separate us
We would surely die.

Me, my friend and I
You’ll never see one alone
We keep each other’s company
At school, at church, at home.

Some people call us triplets
Identical ones at that,
Some may call us a threesome
Always together, that’s a fact.

We’re like spirit soul and body
Or water, ice and vapour
And to interfere with either one
Is to declare all out war.


We represent one another
Always, as a matter of fact,
And it’s not just words I’m using,
We have one another’s back.

Yes, we look out for one another
The way good friends do,
And whatever one of us gets
The other gets it too.

From birth we’ve been together
Me, my friend and I,
And as friends we’ve decided
That together we will die.


If one should leave the others
Neither would survive,
Albeit separation is impossible,
We’ve all got the same drive.

We are really one, you see,
Me, my friend and I,
And if you feel to intervene
Don’t you ever dare try!

Even that you cannot do
No matter how hard you try,
No way you can come between us
Me, my friend and I.

We sometimes have disputes
When to ourselves we talk
But at the end of any discussion
We always together walk.


We’ve been through life together
We’d have it no other way,
And one thing that’s worked for us
Each one has equal say.

At the end of each discussion
Agreement is the outcome,
It’s one for three and three for one
After the talk is done.

We are like the blessed Trinity
Me, my friend and I
But one major difference is
One of these days we will die.

That’s our story my friend
Me, my friend and I,
And I dare say it’s also yours
Just take a look inside.

Stewart Russell (c) March 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment