Monday, March 04, 2019

I Asked for Patience



Running off at the mouth
Often losing my cool,
Regular thrown tantrums
Like an infant at school.

Consistently encumbered
With foot-in-mouth disease,
Afflicted and tormented
And experiencing no ease.

After all you know me
This is who I am,
If I do I die
And if I don’t I’m damned.

And it was so spontaneous
Just a little would fire me up,
Mash my corns at anytime
And bitterness was your cup.


But I asked for patience
And I got more of the same,
What I wanted to avoid
Came back again and again.

More people annoyed me
More aggravating situations
 Came from every angle,
I was nearing desperation.

Then I began to realize
This was what I asked for
Since asking for patience
Is getting what one abhors.

This was flooding therapy
An unorthodox solution
Of more of the same trials
To get me over my problem.


My problem of impatience
Was due to particular stimuli
And the solution for this my friend
Was an inordinate supply.
  
I thought it would be better
To remove the problem source
But God in His infinite wisdom
Allowed it in greater force.

But it appears to be working
Now I am being cured
Though sometimes it’s very tough
And I wish it were like before.

It was far easier then
My life was not as troublous
So if you ever ask for patience
Expect more trials on purpose.


Patience can only develop
Through the trials one must face,
Think twice before asking
Unless you really want that grace.

I have learnt my lesson well
That’s why I share it with you
Be content with your current trials,
They are easier to go through.

Stewart Russell © February 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment