Thursday, March 21, 2019

Anesthetized or Dead



A Recent Study Affirms that Conscience is innate and present even in the  youngest children. - Community in Mission

I must have been dumb
Now feeling numb
Lying prostrate
Unconscious yet awake

Local anesthetic
Or better rendered: loco
I was skeptical at first
But now I know

The first was no problem
The second I pondered
The third was puzzling
The fourth I wondered

It was staggering
When the fifth occurred
Then the sixth
And the lines were blurred

Seven, eight and nine
In very quick time
Followed by a pause
Then ten and eleven chimed

It is now at nineteen
There’s little life left
I must confess
I am close to my death

You’ll find me in the Bible
Thirty-one times
I act more or less
As a warning chime



 
My death is prophesied
In 1st Timothy 4 and verse 2
You can go to that chapter
And take in the view

You will find my name
In verse number two
I accompany everybody
Including you

Check yourself now
See if I am dead
That is a real possibility
But I may be anesthetized instead

Whichever the twain
I am not feeling a thing
I don’t care if you are sad
Or even if you sing

I am calloused by now
I have been so seared
No feelings right now
I have no fear

Oops, sixteen and seventeen
Came pretty soon
They’ll soon forget it
After the initial swoon

You see I do not function
As I did before
In the heat of the time
My sensors are poor

I can do most anything
Without batting a lid
I am far more brazen now
When before I hid

Nineteen is upon us
Less than a quarter gone
Nineteen that didn’t live
To see the next dawn

I could be dead
Or just anesthetized
Do some introspection
And then decide
 
Greek] καυστηριάζω (kaustēriazō) – Resounding The Faith

Seared with a hot iron
As described in the Word
I am sure you know me
I am sure you have heard

If by now you don’t know
Conscience is my name
Check to see if I am asleep
In that case I’m just lame

But if you can’t check
It’s something else instead
I regret I must announce
Your conscience is dead

Anesthetized or dead
Now you can tell
If you are dysfunctional
Or if you are well

If I am anesthetized
There is hope for you
But if I am dead
Then you are too.

Stewart Russell © March 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment