Thursday, December 29, 2016

I Got THIS




Image result for images for the influenza

Christmas was coming
There were no geese to get fat
And I didn’t have a penny
To waste on anyone’s hat.

But I was looking forward
To Christmas morning service
When lo and behold
I encounter THIS.

What is THIS?
I know you would ask
Getting rid of THIS
Is a mammoth task.

What are you talking about?
Another good question
THIS is a health challenge
My recent imposition.

Some strange things have happened
All across the world
THIS is one of them
By now you would have heard.

Trump was elected
It was not what I expected
Somehow THIS was detected
And now I am infected.

What are you talking about?
Cool it, have a little patience
THIS will be around for a bit
You will need some resilience.

Thursday before Christmas
I was shopping, not much
Felt this tickle in the throat
Just a little tickle as such.

Friday morning would you believe?
The tickle was a lump
When ever I swallowed
My saliva climbed a hump.

THIS could not be ignored
My attention was required
And by mid-morning
My throat was on fire.

Image result for images for the Adam's apple

It was like my Adam’s apple
Was turned outside in
Narrowing the passage
And hindering swallowing.

THIS was not nice
As you could well imagine
Just like in the Bible
I wondered, “Who did sin?”

Well a friend called me up
And asked how I was doing
“Not too well,” I said,
“Looks like the flu came in.”

He said, “Definitely for sure
For I had it too
And it real, real bad
That is so true.”

He said, “You think you’re over it
Then, Bam! Another hit
THIS becomes like a habit
Enough to break your spirit.”

THIS is a progression
Perhaps starting with the throat
Next it would move to the head
THIS is like “Murder She Wrote”.

Like as in my case
THIS attacked my throat first
Next THIS moved to my head
The rocks almost caused it to burst.

Every time I held down
 My head felt like it had in rocks
And by the time I came back up
I could feel the aftershocks.

THIS isn’t nice at all
You would wish it on nobody
Not on your cruelest foe
Or even your worst enemy.

THIS wasn’t finished yet
After the head came the nose
So blocked up and runny for so
I could not easily doze.

I tried to get to sleep
But merely tossed and turned
And the rag to dab my nose
Would make your stomach churn.

You get a little ease
And so you drift off to sleep
But you are kind of restless
Nothing really deep.

THIS moved from nose to eyes
Eyes red like I drunk
You say it was Christmas time
That idea in your head, debunk!

I’ve never been drunk in my life
Not at Christmas or any time
THIS is not an alcoholic drink
So please do not be unkind.

From throat to head
Then nose, then eyes
THIS was not through with me yet
It seemed to target my demise.

During the day
You could almost feel it gone
But when evening comes around
THIS becomes your storm.

Four mornings on a stretch
I woke up before six
I really wished to sleep
But THIS had me in a fix.

Image result for images of the wash basin  
Eyes Stuck down with adhesive
And face in a terrible mess
I struggled to the washbasin
To rid me of THIS stress.

It took a fair bit of time
To remove the stubborn goo
If you want to stick an item
THIS can supply the glue.

THIS was not finished yet
It deposited in me some stuff
I tried to make some withdrawals
And that was very rough.

Four mornings consecutively
Either from up or down
Came some yellowish, greenish stuff
It’s all right for you to frown.

I know if THIS gets you
All the poise and frills will go
And the scorn you show me now
Will disappear when THIS shows.

THIS has not yet left me
I pray THIS would go away
But THIS is a stubborn old fellow
And for a while must have his say.

THIS had a say on Christmas morning
It’s on track for Old Year’s Night
But I want THIS to understand
I will not give in without a fight.

I am still experiencing the ills
In all the areas I’ve mentioned
Not as bad as they were at first
But I still have some apprehension.

Image result for images for the influenza

There are some remaining points
That THIS could still affect
However any chance that it will happen
I absolutely reject.

By now you have an idea
What THIS could really be
You may not be a doctor
But the symptoms you can see.

THIS they say is a virus
A real bad virus of the flu
Concerning where it came from
I really wish I knew.

Here in our little island
Some have given it a name
I am reluctant to repeat it
So no name, no lock up, no shame.

Because of THIS progression
It trumps up as it proceeds
Attacking one point at a time
Before it finally recedes.
Image result for images for I got this
It is not uncommon to hear
When working with a friend
“I got this, don’t you worry
I’ll see it to the end.”

Next time you’d better ask
Particularly if he is alone
“What do you mean by this?”
THIS might very well be
Trump’s Harsh Influenza Syndrome.

My throat is still sore
On mornings it's worse
THIS is not playing 
It's like a curse.

This is my prayer for you
That you don't catch THIS
And that your prayer for me is
 I get to Old Year's Night service. 

Signed:

I got THIS
Tired Running Up My Pressure
Forward Latest Update

Stewart Russell © 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment