Saturday, April 20, 2024

Not Even Me

 

Romans 8:38-39 - Bible verse (KJV) - DailyVerses.net

 

Having said yes to God

He will in no way accept no,

I am dogmatic about this

Because the Bible says so.

 

Born into God’s kingdom

Speaks to permanence,

I became His precious child

Via genuine repentance.

 

According to Romans 8

Verses 35 to 39 to be exact,

I have that assurance

And God’s truth is fact.

 

Being born again

Is the premise I choose,

My "child-of-the-Father" status

I can never lose.

Being a Child of God: Remember Who You Are - Articles ‹ West Mason Church  of Christ  

Once a child of God

I am always a child of God

Hence, I will not be deceived

Or let Satan defraud.

 

From my natural birth

I was my father’s son

But now I am born again

New life has come.

 

To all that believe

God grants us the power

To be His sons and daughters

From that very hour.

 

Since I cannot not change

My earthly circumstance

Neither do I have the power

To alter what God has advanced.

 

What he has put in place

Is His sovereign will

And I know like you do

What he promises he fulfils.

 

I’ve heard the argument

That I can separate me,

Read Romans chapter 8

And that you won’t see.


It explicitly says nothing

And later implies no one,

Please read from verse 38

And please read on.

 

This is the word of God

I am sure you agree

So read verse 39

And tell me what you see.

 

“Nor any other creature”

Can separate us

From the Love of God

Which is in Christ Jesus.

Being a Child of God: Remember Who You Are - Articles ‹ West Mason Church  of Christ 

Put my name right there

I hope you can see,

“Nor any other creature”

Can separate me.

 

From the love of God

Nothing or no one

Can separate me from God

Ever since I was reborn.

 

For having said yes to God

I was born again

Hence being a cast off

Will never be my pain.

 

Stewart Russell © July 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment