Thursday, April 25, 2024

Dumber and Dumber

 

tamers put their hands crocodile's mouth Stock Footage Video (100%  Royalty-free) 5716895 | Shutterstock

 

I am becoming dumber and dumber

The older I get,

And, as a matter of fact,

I am not at my dumbest yet.

 

I have this premonition

That I will definitely get worse…

Stop thinking what you are thinking

I don't mean I am cursed.

 

For one, I am getting older,

I am nearly seven decades now

And up to this present time

I have managed somehow.

 

That to me is incredible

Given the view most people hold

But I try as much as possible

Not to carry the critics’ load.

 

Because, overload you they will,

They must jettison their stuff

And if you are not careful

They’ll make life more tough.

 

And I don’t mean acquaintances

Or even your workmates,

I mean very important others

Trying to alter your state.

  

I have resorted to dumbness

Meaning, given to much less talk

Even when regarding the issue,

I am not remotely at fault.

 

Art Of Feeling Stupid -how To Fight It - Business - Nigeria

 

You actually begin to feel stupid

At not vindicating yourself

But a semblance of peace is preserved

And that maintains your health.

 

Ordinarily I would blow up

But that I have put behind,

Dumber it is that works for me,

It is easier on my mind.

 

I am becoming dumber

But not in the way you think,

I am very aware of what’s going on

And also… what I drink.

 

I am not senile or alzheimic

Just getting dumber and dumber,

It’s actually my defense mechanism

As I gracefully grow older.

 

But be warned, I am not perfect

And I don’t always get it right,

Please do not take me for granted

I still know how to fight.

 

Stewart Russell © December 15, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment