Saturday, April 13, 2024

No, You Don’t

 

What Does Colossians 3:3 Mean?

 

You don’t know me

Though you think you do

And you can argue all day

How long I’ve been around you.

 

You don’t see me

Though you think you do

For my life is hid with Christ in God

And yours should be too.

 

You don’t understand me

Though you think you do

And I am aware in the same way

I don’t understand you.

 

Here is a phenomenon

We should not less count:

The fact we have been washed

In the blood of the fount.

 

There is a fountain Filled with Blood. There is a fountain filled with blood  drawn from Emmanuel's veins; And sinners plunged beneath that flood lose. -  ppt download

 

The blood of Jesus

When he was on the cross

That flowed from his broken body

For all the lost.

 

As they knew him not

You don’t know me

For that by which you measure

Is no longer my lot.

 

I have been changed

Yes, I have been born again

And I have a new name in heaven

And a new refrain.

 

I am a kingdom child

Of the Most-High God

And no longer whom you know:

That nefarious fraud.

 

It may not be obvious

And I’m speaking of my change

But believe me, even my thinking

Has been rearranged.

 


Have a chat with those

Who are closest to me

And they will tell you I’ve changed,

Most sincerely.

 

I occasionally lapse

And like a toddler I fall

But I will not wallow in sin’s muck

No, not me at all.

 

So, you think you know me

But that is in the past,

That wandering sheep you know

Did come home at last.

 

A Crucial Lesson from the Brother of the Prodigal Son « Meridian Magazine

 

Don’t be a prodigal at home

And in envy burn

Because the prodigal that roamed

Has finally returned.

 

Get to know me instead

And see what God has done,

And what the Spirit is daily doing

For me in the kingdom.

 

You don’t know me

Though you think you do

And what I am saying about you

Can be said about me too.

 

Stewart Russell © April 8, 2024

 

No comments:

Post a Comment