Sunday, April 14, 2024

Watch That Slip!

 

What is Slip and Fall Accident?

 

What a versatile word

Is the word ‘slip!

“There’s many a slip

Betwixt cup and lip”.

 

Therein is the first,

You mustn’t drink too fast

Or that beverage you relish

Will not last.

 

She wore a slip

And it’s a good thing she did

Or the wind could have exposed

That which she hid.

 

Bolts slip into place

If they are not too tight,

It’s important to make sure

They are made just right.

 

Many a slip

Confronts the elderly,

The young have their share too

Like you and me.

 

I trust you didn’t slip up

Thinking I was young,

It’s just a joke from yours truly,

The clown.

 

 Oops Illustrations ~ Stock Oops Vectors & Clip Art | Pond5

 

A slip of the tongue!

I did not mean to say that

But now that it is out

I cannot take it back.

 

Students’ grades slip

When they do not study,

Of course, that won’t happen

To you or me.

 

At my present age

Things often slip my mind

But I am grateful it doesn’t happen

All of the time.

 

They often slip him a note

To show their appreciation

And his face lights up with a smile

To show his gratification.

 

The skater lost points

Though it was a little slip,

A perfect score would have been his

Had he not dipped.

 

How To Start Sweet Potatoes From Slips - Grow Your Own Sweet Potatoes

 

A slip is a chance

There might be a potato,

There are times, however,

When it’s a no-show.

 

There is a piece of land

Known as the Gaza strip,

That strip mentioned right there

Is synonymous with slip.

 

I need a slip of paper

On which to write a note,

A slip of paper can also be used

To cast a vote.

 

He gave me the slip

When I was not looking,

Evidently, he had no interest

In what I was cooking.

 

Hero in blue, villain in maroon

 

When Viv came to bat

The lone slip was removed,

Stemming runs was impossible

When Viv was in his groove.

 

It’s time I slip away

But I don’t mean in death,

This is my second poem today

And I need to rest.

 

Stewart Russell © March 16, 2024

 

No comments:

Post a Comment