Sunday, December 25, 2022

A 69th Year Christmas Prayer

 

Christmas Prayer - A Christmas Reflection: Hope, Peace, Joy and Love -  Merry Christmas 2020 - YouTube

 

I could have gone

Like so many others I know

But I am still topside

On this earth below.

 

Whether I will live to see the 70th

I cannot say

 But what I can say is that I am His

Whether I go or stay.

 

On this my 69th Christmas

I give God adoration and praise

And to my Shepherd-King

My voice in thanksgiving I raise!

 

Lord, you have been so good to me

In ways I find difficult to number:

Not only when I was awake

But during my time of slumber.

 

In situations seen and unseen

You have been my stay

Governing my mouth piece

Regarding what you’d have me say.

 

 

Christmas Prayer - A Christmas Reflection: Hope, Peace, Joy and Love -  Merry Christmas 2020 - YouTube

 

I give you thanks

 For family and for friends,

And for my Christian brethren

And their next of kin.

 

Thank you for all the people

You have brought into my life:

My biological and church family

And not least of all, my wife.

 

May they enjoy this Christmas

Fully aware of the gift of Love

That came to the whole world

From heaven above.

 

And give you thanks

Even as I am giving you thanks

Until we too make that inevitable crossing

From Jordan’s banks.

 

 

Christmas Prayer - A Christmas Reflection: Hope, Peace, Joy and Love -  Merry Christmas 2020 - YouTube

 

With adoration and praise

I lift my heart to you, Almighty God

For the 69th Christmas of my earthly sojourn,

And with thanksgiving

I ask that you shape my life to your norm.

 

Amen!

 

Stewart Russell © December 25, 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment