Monday, December 12, 2022

Today

 

Kalender Today Di Corkboard Rendering 3d Foto Stok - Unduh Gambar Sekarang  - Sekarang, Awal - Konsep, Garis start - Peralatan olahraga - iStock

 

Today will be like any other

That is, we don’t know what will be

But what we do know for sure,

It is similar for you and me.

 

We will have our ups and downs

Of running to and fro

And whether it could have been different

We will never ever know.

 

I wrote this poem today

Which in fact was yesterday

But as to why I did not post it then,

I really cannot say.

 

And the fact that it’s today

Makes it all the more relevant,

Yesterday is not the time for doing

For it is no longer extant.

 

“Let us then, be up and doing”

In Longfellow's Psalm of life,

Speaks to the events of this present day

Whether of seriousness or blithe.

 

Deadline Concept Stock Photo - Download Image Now - Today - Single Word,  Day, Aspirations - iStock

Today is all I have

And this is the same for you,

It will be like any other day

For me and for you too.

 

We talk of making history,

Some even use the word create

And we often get highly offended

If one leaves it up to fate.

 

But fate is what will be

And over such, we have no control,

As to predicting to tomorrow’s agenda

My friend, I would not be so bold.

 

10 Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Quotes That Are Indelible | YourDictionary

 

“With a heart for any fate”

Continues the famous Longfellow,

The courage we have is only present

And cannot be used tomorrow.

 

I will end as I began

By repeating the very first verse,

Bearing in mind of course, my friend,

Tomorrow cannot be rehearsed.

 

Today will be like any other

That is, we don’t know what will be

But what we do know for sure,

It will be similar for you and me.

 

Stewart Russell © December 11, 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment