Friday, December 09, 2022

I Predict


What to do this December in Miami

 

Here is a prediction

I would like to predict

And the evidence is quite stark

From where I sit.

 

That is, as you know,

Before my computer

Typing out this prediction,

Don’t you dare snigger.

 

I predict a record temperature

But not in the highs

But in the lows, I dare say,

And it is drawing nigh.

 

This morning at 3-past-seven

It was 68 degrees,

Yes, right here in Barbados,

Seriously!

 

Those who know me

Know I am shirtless at home

But this morning around seven,

I covered up my bones.

 

Miami en Diciembre - 2021 | Todos los tips!

 

This will affect the women

Far more than the men,

Already they are complaining

How the cold got them.

 

If at seven this morning

It was 68 degrees,

I would not be surprised

If in January it hits 60.

 

And the sun was out

In all of its glory,

I confess I was surprised

It’s in the sixties already!

 

I’m predicting a prediction

And I want you to know

That the standing record

Must definitely go.

Barbados Weather In December - YouTube 

It tends to get colder

In January and February

But already this December,

We are in the sixties.

 

The coldest on record

is 61 degrees fahrenheit,

I am therefore predicting 60

On one of these nights.

 

You can reject or accept

Seeing I am no prophet,

But don’t you push your luck,

I am taking no bets.

 

Up North I hear complaints

It is minus already,

It could only get colder

Believe you me!

 

Stewart Russell © December 9, 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment