Friday, December 30, 2022

What A Loss!

 



This is a loss that touches me

To the very core,

It’s my childhood friend, Sandra,

Whom I will see no more.

 

I am at a loss for words

To express what she means to me

And to that precious family of hers

Who misses her terribly.

 

The go-to person you can say

When solutions are to be fetch,

And I can never recall one time

When I have heard her fret.

 

Selflessness was her hallmark,

Those who knew her would agree,

She was a mother to the young ones,

That can be seen readily.

 

To think that in my future visits

No Sandra will be there to see

And no expectation she will turn up

To embracingly greet me.

 

I have struggled with her passing

Ever since I got the word:

Oriel and Greg passed recently

And now she is the third.

 

Margaret predeceased them all

Some years back, I recall,

But Sandra’s perceived untimely call

Is a great shock to us all.

 

El truco para añadir emojis de WhatsApp al teclado de tu dispositivo

 

No more Whatsapp greetings

Or encouragement for the day

And her many and varied emojis

For sure have gone away.

 

A visit to the hospital

Convinced me she was on her way

Yet, I was still disappointed

At the sad news I received that day.

 

It was Shawn who had texted

The most dread of dreaded calls,

“Sandra passed a little while ago,”

And immediately was a wall. 

 

 

What Comes After Death? | MedPage Today

 

That wall that death creates

Between a loved one and their kin,

That wall that suddenly was erected

To block me from my friend.

 

I have no cheerful words today

To offer to anyone

But in my silence simply recall

The loss of a friend now gone.

 


 

And Sandra was my friend

And always, she will be

For as long as God lends me life

And I have my memory.

 

Stewart Russell © December 11, 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment