Saturday, October 17, 2020

Whither the Czar?

 

Statement By COVID-19 Czar, Richard Carter | GIS

 

Somebody, please tell me,

Where is the COVID Czar?

Please tell me what I long to hear

And that is, he isn’t far.

 

I felt a lot less worried

While the Czar was in charge,

How could he up and leave us

With COVID-19 still at large?

 

I admit we are still doing well

When compared to some others

But here of late

I am becoming bothered.

 

COVID-19 pandemic in Barbados - Wikipedia

 

Hats off to the health Minister

And to the “best dos santos”

And to all the front line workers

In our cherished Barbados.

  

Maybe, I missed something

But the Czar just disappeared

And to my way of thinking

An explanation would be fair.

 

Maybe there was one

And all except me heard,

If so, bear with me and tell me

And I promise, not another word.

 

Or, maybe I heard

But somehow, I do not recall,

Please refresh my ageing memory,

It’s getting bad, that is all.

 

An example of government leadership and regional cooperation in containing  the COVID-19 virus

 

Somebody, please tell me:

 

Where is the COVID Czar?

What has become of him?

Please don’t treat to my enquiry

As though it were a sin.

 

Stewart Russell © October 17, 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment