Sunday, October 25, 2020

What A Wonder!

 

People who think they know it all really annoy those of us who do |  Workplace Ecard

 

I know it is easy

To go with the flow

But it is easier to swallow,

You must admit that though.

 

What am I talking ’bout

You’ll soon know,

This is just the preamble

We’ll soon begin to flow.

 

Look all around you

For a moment or so,

Think of what you see-

How much do we know?

 

Mr Know It All, Follow Me Type Of Leader Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty  Free Image. Image 7855049.

 

We talk a lot

And pontificate more,

We are very bright

And very self-assured.

 

What others will never learn

We already know

And we are quick to say

“I already knew so.”

 

I have been a teacher

For much of my life

And un-teaching students

Causes most strife.

 

Especially when it was you

That led them that way,

It’s difficult to change them

On any subsequent day.

 

I look back on my teaching

And often kick myself

At the mistakes I made

And did so with stealth.

 

People who think they know it all really annoy those of us who do |  Workplace Ecard

 

For I felt I was great

And there were few like me,

I knew so much

It was like a mystery.

  

And then I got to learn

That I didn’t know squat,

My knowledge was a dot

On a very small plot.

 

At first I was overwhelmed

At my stupidity,

That I knew so little

To me that was a mystery.

 

This was humbling

But where I needed to be

If I would ever overcome

This great difficulty.

 

I looked away from me

And I looked to God,

In a real sense I recognized

That I was a fraud.

 

Pretending to be

What I really was not

When all along

I was fixed to a spot.

 

I am just saying

God remedies such stupidity,

I thank Him today

That He did it for me.

 

It's always the people who THINK they know everything that really know  nothing at all! | Workplace Ecard

 

The little I know now

Makes me so aware

That there’s much we can learn

When God we fear.

 

So my friend believe today

That God really exists

For this is the first step

To get out of your mess.

 

The mess you created

By refusing to believe

That God is the only source

Through whom truth is received.

 

Look around you again

I must reiterate,

At least one encounter with God

Is everybody’s fate.

 

Tomorrow Is NOT Guaranteed - Take Action On Your Dreams TODAY! - YouTube

 

I can’t guarantee another

This day is your day,

I am just saying

Right now He is in your way .

 

How can I tell?

Because you read the last line,

Believe my brother, my sister,

This is your time

 

Don’t push Him away

Like you have done before,

Open and let Him in

As He knocks on your door.

 

You’ll not regret it

I can guarantee you that,

He’ll make it worth you while

I know that’s a fact.

 

Fear of the Lord I: Knowledge and Wisdom | marckinna

 

The fear of the Lord

Is the beginning of wisdom

And only in Jesus Christ

One can find salvation.

 

He is the way

And the truth and the life,

Outside of His providential care

There is nothing but strife.

 

What a wonder He chose

To give you this chance!

This wonderful opportunity

Your knowledge to enhance.

 

You don’t know Jesus

But you think you know a lot?

Well I’m just saying

Your perceived knowledge is simply rot.

 

Stewart Russell © June 2018

 

No comments:

Post a Comment