Saturday, October 10, 2020

I Observe

 

Moore is coming to St. George North, The Glebe, 4th October 2020 - YouTube

 

I Observe

There is only one candidate

In the St. George North race,

Whether deliberate or happenstance

This is a national disgrace.

 

I Observe

That a particular candidate

Represents the Red team,

Whether on purpose or by accident

That is not a just scheme.

 

I Know…

There are more than one candidate

But that is all that I see

When I watch the news telecast

On our local CBC.

 

Where are the other candidates?

Are they really serious?

Or is it that a house-to-house strategy

Is their major purpose?

CBC Barbados - Home | Facebook  

I Observe

The first ten minutes of the CBC news

Was really about electioneering,

The speakers all spoke from a platform-

They were clearly campaigning.

 

I Observed

The news was Government business

And about what they are planning,

And the fact that some of these things

They were already implementing.

 

There is nothing wrong with this

As far as I am concerned,

Only the fact that it was revealed

From a certain political platform.

 

DLP accused of using Reifer in by-election - Barbados Today

  

I Observe

The name of a certain candidate

Stares me in the face,

There is no doubt in my mind

This one is out front in this race.

 

Where are the other parties?

I have heard none of them comment,

Certainly not on the CBC

And this is my lament.

 

I Suspect…

There will be more of this candidate

As polling day draws nearer,

The fact of this unfair advantage

Will also become much clearer.

 

I Observe

Concerning the televised debate

Some candidates have complained

That they were not properly informed

And that is unjust, they maintain.

 

I hope that this contention

Is not that they are camera shy

But that regardless of the mounting odds

They will not let this pass by.

 

Moore is coming to St. George North, The Glebe, 4th October 2020 - YouTube

 

There was an interesting response;

I heard it from the PM:

If they are afraid of televised debates

Parliament will pose a problem.

 

My observations are not necessarily yours

But they simply are what I see,

Don’t be offended I sincerely request,

They need not come between you and me.

 

I Observe

That these are intriguing times

But certainly not for the fainthearted,

With that in mind, it is time I go

Before I join the dearly departed.

 

Have a good day whether “B” or “D”,

PdP, Solutions Barbados or UPP,

The most that I could wish for all of you

Is that you compete successfully.

 

Stewart Russell © October 10, 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment