Thursday, January 10, 2019

We Live What We Believe




We live what we believe
That is my view,
Stay with me a moment
Let me prove that to you.

Two main world views:
I guess by now you know,
Creationists and Evolutionists:
At times a little mixture or so.

The issue of accountability
Is in the human domain,
Animals don’t regard this,
My friend, do not be insane.

Animals move instinctively
It’s the survival of the fittest,
They kill only when threatened
With humans it’s not like this.

Let us look a little
At the idea of selfishness:
“Of all my mother’s children
I like myself the best.”


Number one is the “I”
All the rest line up behind,
It is me and my important others
Understand we are one of a kind.

It is down to my world view
To which position I hold dear,
My belief determines my living
My goal is to make that clear.

If I believe I came by chance
Then chances are I’ll do anything,
Life is for living and merriment
By George let me have my fling.

Let’s eat drink and be merry
For tomorrow we die,
Death beckons; that’s the end
With Death we must comply.


You are fortunate to be here
Considering it’s by blind chance
So do all that you can do
To make number one advance.

No accountability after this life
At the last breath that’s the end,
So end it if it gets too hard
There’s no hell to which to descend.

No judgment to anticipate
For after all there is no God,
Nothing and no one to fear
For the grim reaper ends it all.


But that is only one side
There is another side to consider,
If there’s an afterlife to come
Then death does not truly deliver.

If I am accountable to someone
For the way I live this life
This would influence my behavior
To abstain from evil and strife.

Hence the one that believes in God
Lives the life that God dictates,
By faith he comes to know the Christ
And his former life forsakes.

His standing is in Christ’s perfection
Though his state is one of progress,
He stands on the account of Jesus
And God’s word to this attests.

Not in the righteousness of the law
But in the righteousness of Christ:
Such righteousness he avails to us
Through his redeeming sacrifice.


The life of the born again
Conforms to the image of Christ,
He practises what he believes
Though his good works don’t suffice.

It’s not his works that saves him
But these works are the result
Of God’s glorious salvation
And not to be confused with a cult.

So we live out what we believe
I hope this clearly came out
And even those who don’t believe
Practise such without a doubt.

Stewart Russell © January 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment