Monday, January 28, 2019

The “I” in SIN






I felt I had to write
But I knew not what,
However I persisted
And here is what I got.

Looking at the first verse
Here is what I saw
The “I” is dominating
Hence the self-rule law.

There is a tendency
To think so much of self,
Me, myself and I
Put others on the shelf.

Not quite the advice
That’s ordered in the Word:
God then others then I
It’s like I hadn’t heard.


The “I” so imposing
Sticks out like a sore thumb,
And reaching out to others
Not nearly so much fun.

It’s at the root of all evil
I must always be first,
And only by the Holy Spirit
Can one effect the reverse.

Lucifer was the first
That sought to push the “I”,
Now he’s the source of evil
Having left the sky.

Eve followed thereafter
As Satan led the way,
It must be mine she thought
And so it is today.
What ever the “I” sees
It is for the “I” to own,
And so we have a world of “I
And the “I” lives there alone.

Except of course for the “I’s”
Who see the same as he,
If there is any getting
The getting must be me.

Certainly not a good one
This portrait I have painted
But definitely a picture
With which we are acquainted.

The “I’s” have it
And that is unanimously so,
No wonder the Rastas declare
I” and “I” in co.

God becomes the big “I
I must be just like Him,
First Satan then Eve
Then a world full of SIN.

Do not misunderstand
The verse before this verse,
To be our own gods
Brings on us SIN’s curse.


Seize It Now!
 It has to be mine
And not tomorrow “I” urge
But now is the best time.

The “I” in SIN spells greed
Or avarice you may say,
Whatever you may call it
The “I” is the SIN-sick way.

Stewart Russell (c) January 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment