Friday, January 18, 2019

Fifty Thousand Hits




Fifty thousand hits!!!
This is not a boast
But just an opportune moment
For me to raise a toast

To every one of you
Taking time each day
To give a little attention
To what I have to say.

Some postings are long
Yet you take the time
To read and then comment,
I think you are very kind.


In the year 2014
This simple blog was started,
It helped to pass the time
Since from work I parted.

Not just to fill the time
But a chance to share
What I believe I was hearing
And a chance for you to hear.

Last year in September
I reached the 500th post
And to one and every reader
I proposed a toast.


Now the fifty thousandth hit:
A mark you have achieved,
I may write the posts
But you’re the ones that read.

To my God and Saviour
I say a big “thank you”
And to every single reader
I am grateful to you too.

Sometimes I was humorous
Just to lighten up your day
But the more serious postings
Were to help along the way.

  
The issues I discussed
And the objections I raised
Whether you agreed or not
To God be glory and praise.

The credit goes to God
For what has been achieved,
What I do is beyond me
That you must believe.

So raise a glass with me
For your 50 000 hits,
To God we give the glory
For the light that He has lit.

Stewart Russell © January 2019



No comments:

Post a Comment