Monday, January 14, 2019

Suspicion





There is something about him
That I just don’t like,
I can’t put my finger on it
But it will come to light.

There’s something about her too
That troubles my spirit,
I can’t tell you what it is
 But something just doesn’t fit.

We just didn’t set horses
From the first time we met
And you know what they say,
What you see is what you get.

But there is more in the mortar
Than just the pestle
 And with this peculiar feeling
Day and night I wrestle.

I would never trust them,
My feelings are never wrong
Except for the few times
Those feelings weren’t strong.


At most suspicion can kill you
Or at least rob you of sleep,
It causes discomfort
When you and that person meet.

A potential relationship
Is not allowed to blossom
All because you are habouring
An unfounded suspicion.

It has happened to me
 Though I was on the receiving end
Yet I took the first step
And now that person is my friend.



A great relationship has developed
That would not have been
If I had not swallowed my pride
And had not intervened.


So don’t be too quick to judge
Without solid evidence,
Give another the benefit of the doubt
And don’t let it be an offense.

Stewart Russell (c) May 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment