Saturday, January 12, 2019

It Occurred to Me






Something occurred to me
That brought me back to earth,
Oft times I’ve been given more credit
Far more than I am worth.

I have a knack for writing
But I think it is mostly natural,
Not in the realm of the gifted
Nothing supernaturally special.

Some of my readers disagree
With the position that I hold,
They think I am specially gifted
I really think they are bold.

Often what I write astounds me,
I know I am not that bright
So I dare not take the credit,
Beyond me was a greater light.


A light that gave me insight
Far beyond my natural ability,
With which the idea originated
Followed by spiritual visibility.

Illumination and inspiration
Should not be confused with raw talent,
The latter is of natural source
The former is from heaven sent.

The two when synced together
Creates an extraordinary product
That turns one’s view from within
And propels it out and up.


Every good gift the Bible states
Comes down to us from heaven
So for me to take credit for such poems
I would be sadly mistaken.

So today I give God all the praise
Today I give Him all the credit
For without Him I can do nothing,
This has become my daily edict.

  
So my friend each time you read
A very special poem I write
Remember that it did occur to me
That I am not nearly that bright.

Stewart Russell © January 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment