Thursday, January 24, 2019

What A Farce!




What a farce evolution is!
Something out of nothing,
Give me just one billion years
And nothing will be bread-pudding,

The nothing at the beginning
Will become something in the end
What a farce such thinking is!
Enough to drive me round the bend.

Intellectual giftedness
Declares it must have been so
And the idea of a Creator God
Is now declared a “no-no”.

What a farce such nonsense is!
And worse…people believe it,
All it took was billions of years
And presto!  We have a fit.


So what was in the beginning?
Nothing!  I tell you, nothing!
But gradually, just understand
Nothing became something.

And you actually believe this?
O yes, I really do
And given another billion years
You will believe it too.

Well I guess I’ll just wait and see
If what you say is true
And just in case you’re not around
I’ll find a way of telling you.


To think that we have a facility
With which we are able to think
But when it comes to lunacy
We just teeter on the brink.

But I guess nothing is something
Especially if it’s intangible
And for the forces behind all we do
Nothing becomes the principle.
  
For all that we see is ordered
By that we cannot see,
The mind and energy and cyberspace
Are pretty obvious to me.

If God is nothing you have a point:
Something comes from nothing
Since all the forces we cannot see
Are responsible for everything.


What a farce! I must repeat
If something is really nothing,
However, I’ll settle for God, the Creator:
He’s the maker of everything.

Stewart Russell © January 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment