Sunday, February 25, 2018

God’s Love and Power


Image result for images for 2Timothy 1:7

Love without power
Is merely that
Power without love
Is a perilous trap

In the first case
Nothing much doing
In the second, however,
Much trouble brewing

Of course there’re some
With a bit of both
But it’s friends and family
Whom they toast

Some express authority
With little care
For those who get hurt
And create much fear

Then there are some
Who do what they can
But with little power
Not much of a plan

Some aspects of power
Are money and fame
Status and position
Are two others I’ll name

Without agape love
These are mostly contained
To select groups
More or less the same

If you’re not fortunate
To be in such a group
 I can suggest to you
A much better route

I have a friend
That has lots in store
An infinite amount
Who can ask for more?

Image result for Images for God's love and power
  
He gives what I need
Of both love and power
He takes me through
Every day and hour

I depend on Him
For my daily supply
On His power and love
I can always rely

God’s love is infinite
And so is His power
Like the Psalmist of old
He’s my strong tower

I run into Him
In my time of need
He never fails me
In Him I succeed

His is the right balance
Of power and love
Aptly demonstrated
In His Son from above

He offers the same
To anyone today
That will deny himself
And follow His way.


Stewart Russell © February, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment