Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Conditional Love: The Man


Image result for images for conditional love

Loving with conditions
That’s the in-thing today
Everything will be all right
As long as I have my way

Here are some conditions
To help you get my drift
To be fully aware
Check the following list

Don’t ask where I’m going
If I feel like I will say
Don’t ask where I went
On any given day

Prepare my meals on time
This is a serious one
As the keeper of the home
Be sure to wake before dawn

Wash and iron and clean
Always look your best
And some time before I arrive
Ensure you’ve had a rest

Make sure the pantry is full
Of all the things I need
And when I make a request
You must comply with speed

You are here to serve
That must be understood
I am the head of the home
I expect only what’s good

Image result for images for conditional love

As long as these are done
I’ll love you with all my heart
And stay with you as vowed
Only in death will we part

Sign at the bottom of the list
To show you have read
Once these are kept in earnest
You’ll be glad that we got wed


Stewart Russell © February 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment