Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Mr. Prime Minister Sir


Statement by Prime Minister Freundel Stuart on 40th Anniversary of the  crime | CUBADIPLOMATICA
 
Mr. Prime Minister, hear me a while
I know that speaking much is not your style
But I ask Sir that you regard that rejected file,
The one that’s been placed at the bottom of the pile.

Not you alone Sir but I guess all of the MPs
From ever since have been preoccupied with our economy,
Yes, the economy is important and must be looked at
But something else is more important; I will state the fact.

Morality is the point I make Sir; it’s at an all time low
Immorality Sir is this country’s greatest foe
And the only way Sir to combat this trend
Is to heed the suggestion I am about to send.

People who talk less I am inclined to believe
Are the ones who listen more and thus able to perceive
That the underlying problem re: this economy
Has been the stark and blatant scourge of immorality.

We find him and her in every society
We treat immorality as a thing but it’s a human entity
He or she Sir carries a face just like you and me
And postures like a friend but is our enemy.

Such are difficult to spot even though they move
They are very particular but can fit any groove
They work in high offices, in the middle and the low
Some are very difficult to spot; both you and I know.
 

Statement by Prime Minister Freundel Stuart on 40th Anniversary of the  crime | CUBADIPLOMATICA
 
 
I know, however, Sir, that we live in a (democracy)
And that we feel we need to operate to please everybody
You would note Sir, democracy is written in parentheses
But also note Sir this is nothing about the B’s or D’s.

I simply want to advocate Sir that we acknowledge God
He has been the people’s guide, not Satan, the Fraud
That has blinded our eyes as the Bible indicates
And thus causes his victims in sin to participate.

I know Sir, that it is considered taboo to talk about sin
And that Christians are losers that can never win
And though even in parliament God is often mentioned
I wonder sometimes if we have a relationship with Him.
  
You see Sir when one has a genuine dependence on God
That one is not easily tricked by the Devil, the Fraud
Immorality is not his practice; no not at all
And thus in any situation on God he would call.

Occasionally I would listen to a “call in programme
And some seem to think that Christians should be damned
They see the Bible as contradictory and confusing
And often their submissions are nothing but abusing.

I observe Sir the restlessness in those that oppose
I do not mean the Opposition; that I must disclose
I am not a political partisan and who knows me knows
I prefer to be godly in my views and I hope that shows.

I am not a political scientist or an actuary
I am not an economist or a legal luminary
I don’t even know the Bible as well as some may think
But I know Sir from this I will never shrink.

There is a relationship between the economy and morality
For those who administer must be trustworthy
And whether in high office or working in low degree
All who serve must do so honestly.
 

Statement by Prime Minister Freundel Stuart on 40th Anniversary of the  crime | CUBADIPLOMATICA
 
 
I say Sir root out dishonesty wherever it’s found
All that hinders integrity ruthlessly pull it down
Expose all corruption whether by lawyer or by clown
And send a very strong message to all that are around.

Implement integrity legislation as promised in the past
Apply it impartially to every creed and class
And though friends may be exposed in such a shake-up
That’s what they chose; let them drink the bitter cup.

For to continue along this current track
Where the economy must be revived via tax after tax
Is like pouring water into a barrel full of holes
Or trying to empty the sea using the smallest of bowls.

Thank you Sir for this opportunity
To put this case to the populace of this country
Do not renege Sir or refuse to implement this policy
Take it through its process, yes, but do so urgently!

To further delay is to bring undue harm
To a nation that is already bombarded by fear and alarm
Gripped in the throes of a legal system that is slow
Please bring integrity legislation; let transparency show.

Prove to all and sundry in this country once again
That Barbados has a godly heritage that it will retain
Regardless of the pressure brought from those outside
We will hold to the biblical standards and on God rely.

There are some things I do not understand re: the Bible
But its moral guidelines should be clear to all people
If from this moment we would model its basic principle
We would quickly get our economy out of all this trouble.


Statement by Prime Minister Freundel Stuart on 40th Anniversary of the  crime | CUBADIPLOMATICA
 
Honesty would prevail, yes and integrity too
You would be fair to me and I would do justly by you
Matthew 22:39 would be our principle for life
Loving one’s neighbour would rid this economy of strife.

Of course this kind of love can only be found in Christ
It was he who became love’s ultimate sacrifice
His was the love that is unselfish and self-denying
The love that is unconditional and forever undying.

I know we won’t find this in any economic textbook
But neither would we find the embezzler and the crook
Economics is about theories, not the nature of people
The Bible treats to that better as a matter of principle.


Stewart Russell © December 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment