Sunday, January 21, 2018

In Search of Wisdom


4 Bible verses about Beginning Of Wisdom
 
 
I went in search of wisdom
Having found there was a need,
Folly had raised its ugly head
Folly had become a creed.

I looked for it in the schools
And a little there I found
But often that was tainted
And sometimes not too sound.

I looked for it at teacher’s college
Certain I would find it there
But there I found a mixture
That didn’t quite relieve my fear.

I sought for it in many books
Both secular and non-secular
But therein were varied opinions
And genuine wisdom barred.

These authors had achieved a lot
And were particularly bright
But seemingly did not know
To wisdom no man has a right.

4 Bible verses about Beginning Of Wisdom
 
Of course I must differentiate
Between man’s wisdom and God’s
For often what we see on show
Is of Satan who is the fraud.

Such wisdom is really folly
That’s truly in the heart of man
And the path it offers to us
Is contrary to God’s plan.

I tried to find it in the church
Within the comfort of its walls
But church after church I searched
And could not find wisdom at all.

Before you attack my jugular
I’ll explain what I mean by church
I mean the edifice some worship
The saved need not be hurt.

Organization and organism
Are not one and the same,
If your church is the organization
You are likely to feel that pain.
 
Home - www.carringtons-wesleyan.com
 
Wisdom is not found in a building
Be it a church or even a school,
Neither universities nor colleges
Have a claim to this tool.

For a tool in deed it can be
But more important is its source,
If you oppose the Bible
Then you are on the wrong course.

You must have heard of Solomon
About Ecclesiastes and Proverbs
Therein is much about wisdom
You’ll find it in God’s word.

It’s called the principle thing
In Proverbs 4 and verse 7
For wisdom is better than rubies
Look up Proverbs 8 and verse 11.

Flying high you won’t have it
For with the lowly there is wisdom
Read Proverbs 11 and verse 2
Now I’ve spoiled your fun.

Cease from your own wisdom
Counsels Proverbs 23 verse 4
Buy the truth and sell it not
Read verse 23 to see some more.

WordDigest: What do you possess? (3)
 
Search the Word of God
And there you will find His wisdom,
Get wisdom and get understanding
It’s available in God’s Son.

Christ is made unto us wisdom
As in 1st Corinthians 1 verse 30
And to reject his loving offer
Is to display stupendous folly.

I’m no longer in search of wisdom
Since wisdom has rescued me,
Lost I was and in danger
Of eternal misery.

But the Spirit of wisdom found me
For he knew just where to search,
I no longer look for wisdom
I have found it in Christ’s church.

Wisdom indwells the faithful
And directs all who believe,
You must be born again
And this wisdom you will receive.

Are you tired searching for wisdom?
Have you almost given up?
Now, please turn to Jesus
And let him fill your cup.

Stewart Russell © January 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment