Saturday, January 13, 2018

Saturdays


Image result for saturday Mornings

Saturday mornings are so cool
Away from the work schedule
No hurrying off to the workplace
No boss man in your face

A chance to relax and slow down
A few hours to just laze around
A little time to stay in bed late
Even though at six you are awake

No deadlines to meet again I say
Compliments of another Saturday
Just laze around and take your time
Just breeze and free up the mind

Of course for me it is different
I have long been rid of that intent
Six and a half years away from that
Work I mean: that’s a fact

Image result for images of retirement

And I don’t regret it a bit
I learnt to adapt to it real quick
The little pension don’t last long
Still everyday is a Saturday song

Forty years I spent working
Everyday with a certain yearning
Elated when it was Friday evening
Just longing for Saturday morning

There is a downside admittedly
Saturday passes rather quickly
It is the shortest day of the week
It’s gone in a hurry so to speak

It’s not 24 hours that’s for sure
Like Monday to Friday I say no more
Such days are long and challenging
Particularly if one is hardworking

So before this Saturday is passed
I will simply complete this task
In tribute to this day of the week
Just turn over and go back to sleep

Image result for images for Genesis 1:31

It is a fact that God also rested
After all His work he had tested
It was very good He did proclaim
For this week can you say the same?

The beauty in Saturday I must repeat
Is if you’ve worked during the week
But if Monday to Friday you lazed away
You should be working this Saturday

Happy Saturday if you did your best
In that case you deserve your rest
If not all your days were Saturdays
Chances are you will still draw your pay


Stewart Russell © January 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment