Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Sooner or Later




 Image result for Images a steep and dangerous road


The road was steep and winding,
The wind was harsh and blinding;
I thought I could cope
But clearly there was no hope
Though, in self I continue my striding.

I had long learnt I could depend on me;
I could see what others would never see;
I thought I knew it all,
All my life I had made the right call,
In my eyes, life was just a simple spree.

Image result for Images for a wreck
 
I never could in my wildest dream
Imagine before me the current scene
As I beheld the wreck;
Still I said, “Oh what the heck!
Can’t happen to me or any on my team.”

For I was a leader big and bold,
On all of life I had a huge hold;
I thought all was cool,
I would never be any man’s fool,
But sooner or later, the truth would be told.
 
Image result for images of been there done that
  
Of one who knew all that’s in and without,
Who’d been here and there and all about;
No problem I’d say
Like the songster of old, I did it my way
But now I’d been rid of all the clout.

Now the road’s long, it’s hard and tough,
Nothing’s in my favour, all is rough;
My team’s all gone,
I’m alone and forlorn
Suffering much rejection and open rebuff.

Warned about my self-confidence,
My self-esteem and self-reliance,
God did not matter;
His words were mere noisy chatter,
To me there was no chance of conveyance.

Sooner not later I saw my wrong,
The evidence crowd me like a throng;
Couldn’t hear God speak,
Won’t renege of my unrepentant streak
Of regarding a Christian, the world’s greatest clown.

Sooner or later this could be your prediction,
God offers redemption but your intent is rejection;
Come before ‘tis too late,
Come while God’s prepared to wait
On those who continually spurn His salvation.
 
Image result for images for tomorrow's sun may never rise

 
Tomorrow’s sun may never rise,
The future’s beyond what any could surmise;
God alone knows the outcome,
You may never see the rising sun-
Its radiant beams may not again bless your eyes.

Come while it is still day,
Come before the night, no longer delay;
Come, you never know
What this unpredictable life may bestow
Accept the challenge to walk the Savior’s way.

Image result for images of Luke 12:15
 
For sooner if not later your sojourn will cease,
Your time will run out, the end of your lease;
You will look back with regret
At the Saviour you reject;
And cringe at the thought of eternity without peace.


Stewart Russell © 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment