Wednesday, September 04, 2024

A Little Perturbation


Anxious, disturbed, perturbed, troubled, worried icon - Download on  Iconfinder

 

Not a poem for September

And today is the fourth,

Now don’t misunderstand me;

This is not a boast.

 

Au contraire, my friend,

For I am somewhat upset

That four days have passed

And not one poem yet.

 

Maybe I am losing it

Though I’d hate to think so

For a distraction of such magnitude

Would be quite a blow.

 

I have been tempted

To write about the “Dems”

Since I am really concerned

About their problems. 


 Democratic Labour Party | Bridgetown

 

But after thinking a bit

I thought I’d rather not

For they are too much right now,

Embroiled in such rot.

 

I was tempted as well

To write about the “Bees”:

About their peculiar election

Disguised as democracy.

Barbados Labour Party | Bridgetown 

But quite reluctantly,

I decided against this too

For that sounds too much to me

Like “Okras in de Stew”.

 

Something is not right

If you see what I mean

So, I will take my own advice

And leave that scene.

 

So, here is something

I haven’t done in a while,

I will wish you a wonderful day

And finish this in style.

 

Have a Great Day Messages and Quotes - WishesMsg

 

Have a wonderful day!

To everyone reading this,

And please be careful to avoid

All unnecessary risks.

 

Stewart Russell © September 4, 2024

 


No comments:

Post a Comment