Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Looking to Christ in ‘24


 That Man Of Calvary - Hymn Lyrics & Music - YouTube

 

Well, as it now stands

We are into 2024

And many are the fallen ones

That are here no more.

 

Two points, I dare say,

Define where we now stand:

Either at the brow, or at the foot

On the other hand.

 

If at the brow of 2024

Then the outlook is impressive,

If, however at the foot,

That may be negative.

 

At the brow we look out

While at the foot we look up,

At the foot is more daunting

Like a bitter cup.

 

At the foot is a deficit,

At the brow speaks of success-

Harping on the past in 2024

Will bring us stress.

 

The Last Words from the Cross: Day Two | By Common Consent, a Mormon Blog

 

The key to 2024

Is looking unto the Christ,

That middle man at Calvary

Who paid our sin’s price.

 

So, whether looking up

Or on the top looking out,

The way forward is Jesus Christ

And this is without doubt.

 

It depends therefore,

On whom we looking to,

The arm of flesh will fail us

Whether of me or you.

 

Psalm 121 'I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes Unto the Hills, from Whence Cometh my  Help' - YouTube

 

Heavenly Father, I pray,

Help me keep my eyes on You

For without you in 2024

There’s nothing I can do.

 

I pray for my brother

And my sister reading this,

That re what they desire this year

You’ll be first on their list.

 

Stewart Russell © January 2, 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment