Monday, January 22, 2024

Antiquated

 

On an antiquated trip - Theluxecafe

 

Once I knew a man

He was talented indeed,

He could make antique furniture

To suit your every need.

 

Before he was deceased

He was the best I ever knew

And when I first met him

My mind he totally blew.

 

We go back a long way,

Too long for me to remember

But what I do recall,

It was a year in December

 

Christmas was coming fast

I tried to slow it down,

It had quickened during the years

Especially in Bridgetown.

 

Elsewhere it was normal

Though it eventually caught up,

I really can’t explain that-

Probably just chance or luck.

 

Antique furniture and carpets for sale - Antiques Mallorca

 

I needed antique furniture:

The kind that lasts a while

And I wanted the rarest type

That wasn’t out of style.

 

I called the furniture man

And told him of my need,

As expected, he answered yes

And off he went with speed.

 

He used to charge in accordance

To the furniture’s age,

The more you would have to pay

The earlier the stage.

 

You see, it took much longer

If the piece was very old

But don’t quote me on this one

Since that is what I was told.

Elizabethan Era | Dollhouse Decorating

It never took him long

To meet anyone’s demand,

Elizabethan or Victorian age:

He would simply say, I can.

 

He lived in ancient times

As by now you probably guessed,

And that is why back in my time

He was the absolute best.

 

He was good at clocks too

Especially the antique ones,

Creating all types and fashions

Before he was finally gone.

 

He lived to a ripe old age

Some say he is still around

And the evidence is wherever

His furniture can be found.

 

Antiquated, you might say

No, I say antique,

Quite out of the ordinary

He had to be unique.

 

Stewart Russell © July 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment