Friday, January 12, 2024

A Weird Feeling

 

Top 5 Reasons Your PC Could Crash - ThrottleNet

 

It was a weird feeling…

My computer just shut down,

I was actually working in it-

Man, I felt like a clown.

 

Like how people die,

Just shut down and gone!

My computer did just that

It finally passed on.

 

I press this and that

Hoping that it would reboot

But like certain politicians,

It didn’t give a hoot.

 

What a weird feeling

That I was feeling right then!

All I could do was wish and hope

It was not a major problem.

 

My computer, if you please,

Is like my second wife,

I think I hear you suck your teeth

With a “Boy get a life!”

 

“Like a fish out of water”

That is exactly how I felt

Unable to write or post my poems

Thus, a huge blow it dealt.

 

Amazon.com: Apple 2023 Mac Mini Desktop Computer M2 chip with 8‑core CPU  and 10‑core GPU, 8GB Unified Memory, 256GB SSD Storage, Gigabit Ethernet.  Works with iPhone/iPad : Electronics

 

It was Tuesday, the 4th

When my computer expired,

It lasted more than twelve years

And long could have retired.

 

I will definitely remember

That weird feeling I had had

For it was on the same very day

Something else made me sad.

 

 

It was a friend’s funeral

And I had planned to attend

Whereupon my computer decided

That was also its end.

 

In the picture above

Arnott is at the fore-front,

No longer will he stroll with us-

Death can be so blunt.

 

Rest in peace: a fallacy or a truer phrase?

 

The end of my dear friend

And the end of my computer,

Faithful friends they both were

And after, both expired.

 

Now I have a new computer

But Arnott cannot be replaced,

Death brings a weird, weird feeling

And leaves an empty space.


What a hugely weird feeling

When one that you love is gone!

Enjoy to the fullest your love one

Before he or she moves on.

 

Stewart Russell © January 11, 2024

 

No comments:

Post a Comment