Thursday, January 11, 2024

An Argument Worth Considering

 


 

A great man once said

Nothing is no thing

And since he was my father

I said nothing.

 

I am saying was

Because he is presently deceased,

I am saying presently

Because of my belief.

 

My apology for the aside

But it was worth the while,

Talking about my father

Is still my style.

 

Now you know the man

And what he said,

We will consider the essence

Of what he said instead.

 

Nothing for Android - APK Download

 

Nothing is no thing

At the time I said nothing

But thinking about it now

It appears to be something.

 

If no one is someone

And nobody is somebody,

Then no thing is a thing

That’s clear to me.

 

Nothing, on the other hand,

Is simply that,

It is what it says itself

And that is a fact.

 

It is not no thing

As my father said it was

Even though as we can see

It creates a buzz.

 

No one suggests

That there was someone,

The same argument for no thing

On you that should dawn.

 

Nobody is in the room

Implies somebody was there,

In fact as further proof

They might still be near.

 

No thing carries the same weight

If you see what I mean,

However, as I see it,

Nothing paints a different scene.

 

No thing is a thing

Which cannot be identified

But to admit it is nothing

That must be denied.

 

I have struggled with this

But I hope you can see,

No thing is a thing

But nothing will never be.

 

In another poem

I said nothing is something

But if you check that context

It is a different setting.

 

That poem was entitled

Nothing to Lose

And that one had to do

With how people choose.

 

Stewart Russell © November 2019

 

No comments:

Post a Comment