Thursday, January 04, 2024

New Year's Trivia

 

New Years Trivia- Happy New Year 2020 - YouTube

 

Does anybody know

When a year is no longer new?

I’d say by the end of March,

How about you?

 

I guess you may think

That this is much too soon

But surely you can’t take it

Past the end of June.

 

By the end of June

A year surely cannot be new,

There cannot be anybody

Opposing this view.

 

How can I make my own weighing scale? | Let's Talk Science

 

The scale must tilt

For sure by the second half,

New Year greetings in July

Would make me laugh.

 

For truth be told,

A New Year cannot be old

And this is logical reasoning

I have been told.

 

An old New Year?

Why, that would be funny!

It certainly would be in July,

At least to me.

 

It’s not an oxymoron

The oxy would make sense

But moron would be very apt,

Hey, no offense!

 

In my humble opinion

I’d say no later than March,

Regarding New Year resolutions

One can still make a start.

 

January February March (Remix) - YouTube

 

Three months to begin

To make that new change

For New Year resolutions in July

I deem to be strange.

 

An Old Year-review

Is best done in the New,

Please do not wait until July

Before you do.

 

Stewart Russell © January 3, 2024

 

No comments:

Post a Comment