Friday, July 28, 2023

Too Painful Until

 


 Living The Good Life The Gospel of John Part ppt video online download

 

My pity party is over

There is much going for me,

There’s light at the end of the tunnel

Which before I could not see.

 

All the pain began to leave me

The moment my focus changed

And all the clutter in my thoughts

Were speedily rearranged.

 

My steps had nigh slipped

When I saw the wicked prosper

But in the house of the Lord

I began to see much better.

 

My eyes were on the wicked

At the prosperity they accumulate

And the love that was sown in me

Was being displaced by hate.

 

Nothing came against them,

At least that’s how it seemed

But I learnt at the feet of the Master

He was aware of their schemes.

 

Foolish was I and ignorant

That they were in the enemy’s hand

And the path they were traveling

 Was that of the eternal damned.

 

Until I remembered whose I was

And who it was that saved me,

Then it all came back to me

That my Father is God Almighty.

 

And with this, I’ll not fret myself

Because of evil doers!”

For in me, around me and above me

The Holy Spirit hovers.

 

Thy Strong Word - Proverbs 24: Be Not Envious of Evil Men - KFUO Radio

 

Oh yes, my steps had nigh slipped

Until I went into the house of God,

All things work for the good of them

Who are among the called.

 

That pain I was experiencing

Was of my own making

As I began to second guess myself

  Regarding what I was forsaking.

 

There is a way that seems right

However, the end of it is death

But the way of God is righteousness,

Peace and eternal rest.

 

My pity party is over

There is much going for me,

The prosperity of the wicked is short-lived

But mine is for eternity.

 

Stewart Russell © July 26, 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment