Saturday, July 22, 2023

You’re Not Making Sense

 

Not sure if I'm missing the point or just doesn't make sense - Futurama Fry  - quickmeme


You become offended

At my unexpected remark

Especially after you elaborate

And I am still in the dark.

 

But I may simply mean

Just say a little more

And help me make sense

Of what I do not know.

 

No need to get offended

It may not be aimed at you,

It is I who have the deficit

I am lacking in view.

 

Of course, it could also be

The deficit is with you

And you don’t really know

What you thought you knew.

 

Jumping to conclusions = jumping out of relationships - Reputation Today

 

So before rushing to conclude

Ask where I am coming from,

You may be very well surprised

Neither of us is dumb.

 

And that I meant no offense

When I said what I said,

I was merely seeking clarity

On what you said instead.

 

But, on the other hand,

You may need to sharpen up,

For having not aptly prepared

You may be out of luck.

 

Maybe you got away before

But clearly, not this time,

That dumb student at the back

May be messing with your mind.

 

“You’re not making sense”

May not be aimed at you,

It may be, please, if you will,

Help me see your view.

 

I may not be a dumb kid

But, only a little slow

Hence, “You’re not making sense,”

Is just to let you know.

 

Stewart Russell © May 9, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment