Saturday, July 01, 2023

Modern Day Sun

 

August 'equals July as hottest month in modern times' - Gulf Times

 

Was the sun as hot as this

When I was still at work?

Then, it did burn a little

But it sure did not hurt.

 

Today it burns a lot more

And now it surely hurts,

My verdict is it’s definitely hotter

Than when I was at work.

 

I sympathize with all of you

That have to work in this,

To be honest, having retired,

There’s nothing about it I miss.

 

It drains you, upsets you,

And fills you with lethargy,

Today’s sun is hotter

And I must add, definitely!

 

Don’t tell me about my age,

I hear young ones cry out,

Not a bother when I was young

But today? Without a doubt.

 

Sun becoming HOTTER each day – 'Will render Earth uninhabitable' | Science  | News | Express.co.uk

 

Modern day sun is hotter-

I dare not ride in it,

Earlier up in the year I could

But no more is it a habit.

 

About twice each week

I have need to go into St Michael

And I must admit, my friends,

I really feel for you people.

 

I do not like air-condition

So, I keep my windows down

But I am beginning to think again

Especially when in Bridgetown.

 

So hot, so intensely hot,

You actually breathe hot air,

Yet the vagrants walk around

As if they haven’t a care.

 

Barefoot on tar road

Protected by calloused feet

Must be their preservation

In this intense heat.

 

I hear ’bout global warming,

I must admit, I haven’t a clue

So, I cannot say if it is false

Or if it is actually true.

 

August 'equals July as hottest month in modern times' - Gulf Times

 

Something is responsible

For this disproportionate heat

That happens in July and August

But in June it truly tweaked.

 

If this is any indication

What July and August will be

It would be better to stay at home

Or spend the days at the sea.

 

Heat is really my nemesis,

I do not handle it well

So, “rain, rain come again today,”

For me, that would be swell.

 

Modern day sun is blistering

Like it’s already hell’s fire on earth,

I cannot recall it being as hot

Ever since my birth.

 

If this is any indication

Of what hell is going to be

Then ask Jesus Christ to rescue you;

Thank God, he rescued me.

 

Stewart Russell © July 1, 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment