Sunday, July 16, 2023

My “Know Confidence” Motion

 

How to Know God

 

I want to propose

A “know confidence” in God,

I move a resounding “no”

To the wily old Fraud.

 

Know God! Know Christ!

Know Holy Spirit!

Know salvation! Know life!

Let this be your edict.

 

Proclaim it afar

Trumpet it out aloud!

Declare it everywhere

To the few and in the crowd.

 

Clear your throat

When it is time to vote

For a “know confidence” in God,

My friend, is no joke.

 

Knowing God - Calvary Houston

 

For Job it wasn’t-

It was he who said, “I know.”

On that day he will stand

As an “I told you so.”

 

St Paul was no different

In his “that I may know him”,

A “know confidence” in Christ

Having been saved from sin.

 

The blind man had no qualms

In his “yes” to this motion,

The fact that he could see

Motivated his devotion.

 

Knowing God - Calvary Houston

 

“But I know,” wrote D W Whittle,

A songwriter of some repute,

In his “know confidence” in God

He could not remain mute.

 

None of these sat on the fence

No tongue-tied indecision,

No giving into to those

Mocking Christ in derision.

 

A secular song declares

“To know him is to love him”,

She was not singing of Jesus

Neither freedom from sin.

 

Knowing God - Calvary Houston

 

But it is applicable today

In this “know confidence” motion:

To “know him” is to love him

So give Jesus your devotion.

 

I thank God today

For my “know-so salvation”,

I know I am free

From eternal damnation.

 

For God is not a man

That he should lie,

My “know confidence” is in Him-

On Him I can rely.

 

Join me right now

In my “know confidence” campaign,

I know without a doubt

On me Satan has no claim.

 

Say “no” to the Devil

Say “no” to that Fraud,

Support my “know confidence” motion

Say yes to God!

 

Stewart Russell © November 2018

 

No comments:

Post a Comment