Thursday, July 27, 2023

Invitation to My Pity Party

 

Red Vines and Red Wine: Welcome to The Pity Party- BYOB

 

Friends and foes if any

You are invited to my pity party,

No doubt the latter on arrival

Will laugh at me heartily.

 

About the same re my friends

Who will say, “I told you so,”

For somehow before hard luck

Friends just seem to know.

 

One and all you are invited,

I hope you don’t spoil it for me,

No gifts or treats expected

Just bring your pious pity.

 

I have fallen on hard times,

It’s not the first time anyway,

However, those that feel it is my fault

Will surely have their say.

 

Yes, I am having a pity party

Please come and hear me moan,

It’s like nothing you’ve experience,

For you I will add a groan.

 

Friends and foes alike

Come and have a great time,

If you enjoy a great sad movie

You are sure to enjoy mine.

 

Welcome to My Pity Party Goth Banner Gothic Party Decoration - Etsy Sweden

 

I am beginning to like my mood

And the attention I am getting,

As a matter of fact, I have realized

I have even stopped fretting.

 

Oh, I still moan and groan

Specially when people are around

And I put up a herculean effort

To convince them I am down.

 

Down in the depths of despair,

It could not have been worse,

Like Job in that biblical narrative

This is surely my curse.

 

An invitation to one and all

I am throwing a pity party,

Once you have heard my story

You are bound to feel guilty.

 

Guilty of having complained

About what you are going through

Not knowing mine is far worse

Than what is afflicting you.

 

It is a horrible time for me

And it is not even the first

Though I might add this little bit,

This is certainly the worse.

 

You’re free to share with others

And tell the entire church,

Tell them to earnestly pray for me

As this affliction truly hurts.

 

I have had quite a bit of pity

But I can really do with some more

So, tell them to bring in their pity,

Don’t leave it at the door.

 

He Wants You Out Of That Pity Party Address Now !

 

My grief lump I am swallowing,

In my self-pity I am wallowing

So, subscribe and like my experience

And join my pity party following.

 

A pity party I am throwing

Grab a friend and come along,

Come empty handed, nothing more

And hear me sing my pity song.

 

If you come to mine this time

I will be sure to come to yours,

Come and hear from the horse’s mouth,

How I am hurting to the core.

 

No optimists are allowed,

Only pessimists will be welcomed,

I am not interested in your cure

Just to tell to you my problem.

 

Stewart Russell © July 25, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment