Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Well It Happened to Me

 

 

 

 

Has it ever happened to you?

Well it happened to me,

What am I talking about?

Well you will soon see.

 

I’m not dealing with the young,

They can step out,

It is really the old like me-

That’s who I am talking ‘bout.

 

It is worse these days

Thus, happening more frequently

But I am not unduly alarm

Or ever hope to be.

 

Today I came in from outside

And called a friend of mine

After that to realize

The phone I couldn’t find.

 

It was not on its stand,

That is the first place I looked

And so, I proceeded to search

Like I was studying the Book.

 

Of course, the Book is the Bible,

Like searching for a verse

So, similarly searching for the phone

I was diligently immersed.

 

I walked up and down the house,

I even asked the wife

And I couldn’t help but wonder

How I came by this strife.

 


 

Then suddenly it dawned on me

The phone was on my ear

And with split-second awareness

Everything became clear.

 

It was not on its stand

Because I had taken it up

And my ear where the phone was,

Was not where I would look.

 

Here is another incident

More exacting than the first,

No wonder some believe

That old age is a curse.

 

I was sitting in my car

And talking to my wife

And the feeling that came over me

I tell you, it was not nice.

 

She had made a call to me

Not knowing I was at home,

I had just driven into the garage

So, I quickly took up the phone.

 

 Apple iPhone SE 2020 first impressions: This could be the mid-range phone  to beat - HardwareZone.com.sg

 

Attempting to multitask

I was talking while getting out,

I had my ATM cards and keys

But my phone was nowhere about.

 

“I must have left it somewhere,”

That is exactly what I had thought

And with that came a feeling

That left me quite distraught.

 

I mentally decided

That I would retrace my steps

But before I did exactly that

Into my heart a fear leapt.

 

However, before driving back out

I started to tell my wife

And suddenly my whole disposition

Went from bad to nice.

 

Apple iPhone SE 2020 first impressions: This could be the mid-range phone  to beat - HardwareZone.com.sg

 

That my cellphone was not lost

Became abundantly clear

And oh, the relief that flooded me!

The phone was on my ear.

 

I felt like such a fool

I could have kicked myself

But this was nothing compared

To my improved mental health.

 

To have lost that cellphone

Would have set me back a bit,

You see, my resources are so limited

Such would give me a fit.

 



Has it ever happened to you?

Well it happened to me,

Now you know what I am talking about

At least, I hope you see.

 

Stewart Russell © January 10, 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment