Saturday, January 21, 2023

A Lunar Annoyance

 

Don't Worry, It's Just A Phase. Funny Annoying Lunar Pun Coffee & Tea Gift  Mug For Artist, Writer, Musician, Introvert, Moms, Artists, Geeks, Nerds,  Writers, Dads, Women And Men (11oz) - Walmart.com

 

Doesn’t the moon look pretty?

Look how brightly it shines

The night has been lit up

Give me the moon every time.

 

Tonight I won’t use security lights

Since the moon is so bright

The sun was good today

But tonight the moon is my delight.

 

Let’s not less count the sun

From which the moon gets its light

Even now the sun is shining

As the moon lights up the night.

 

“I’m tired of all this,” says the moon,

“Why should the sun get the praise?

Where is the sun tonight?

It is me who is in the heavens raised.

 

I am sick and tired of this

Night and day it is about the sun

The sun gets all of the praise

And I get none of the fun.
 

Stop it!  Stop it, I say

Or I will definitely withdraw my light

And then tell me what you will do

During your inevitable plight.

 

Don't Worry, It's Just A Phase. Funny Annoying Lunar Pun Coffee & Tea Gift  Mug For Artist, Writer, Musician, Introvert, Moms, Artists, Geeks, Nerds,  Writers, Dads, Women And Men (11oz) - Walmart.com

 

At those times I take a break

I hear how you complain

With the constant query on your lips,

When will there be full moon again?

 

And when I shine in my brightness

You congratulate the sun,

Keep this nonsense up and soon

Of the moon’s light there’ll be none.

 

The dawn is fast approaching

And I must be on my way

I must now give way to the sun

So you have a great day!

 

Stewart Russell © May 2018

 

No comments:

Post a Comment