Friday, January 27, 2023

What’s That You Said?

 

Inglês Favorito: What say? - o que significa e como usar?

 

Is it mathematical correct

To speak of the bigger half?

Because every time I hear it

I am inclined to laugh.

 

And how ‘fully aware’, I ask,

Can a person actually become?

‘Very fully aware’, I am told

Recently made a home run.

 

Say What? | Drawlab Entertainment

 

Sometimes I have to ask,

What’s that you said

Because the way it came over

Was clearly above my head.

 

You see, I am not as bright

As some of you believe

Since the qualifications you have

I am yet to receive.

 

I was listening to a comedian

Just here recently

And what he said on the show

Sounded incredulously.

 

The show was in two sessions

Separated by a break,

There was quite a bit of humour

But this one took the cake.

 

You Only Know Half The Story Of Half Time, The Musical - Paper Mill  Playhouse

 

“This half,” the comic said,

“Will not be as long as the first half,”

And with that I must confess

I didn’t even laugh.

 

Whether he was serious or not

I really could not have told,

I knew he was a stand-up comic

And such is their natural mode.

 

I was not fully aware

If he understood what he said,

After all, he was no mathematician,

Just a comedian instead.

 

The one that really jumped me

Was ‘very fully aware’,

I had never heard it before

At school or anywhere.

 

Hence, how ‘fully aware’

Can any person be?

Can ‘fully aware’ be compared?

If you know please tell me.

 

Perhaps it can be

Given the person who said it,

‘Very fully aware’ that person said,

And they were extremely literate.

 

I used the word they

So, do not bother to guess,

Whether woman or man,

Please let it rest.

 

I would say, however,

It was an erudite politician

And that is why I decided

To give this one a mention.

 

Well, just those two for now

So, do have a good night

And all things being equal

Everything will be all right.

 

Kevin Hart Say What GIF - Kevin Hart Say What Stare - Discover & Share GIFs

 

What’s that you said?

All things being equal?

Whenever will that equation be?

Well, that’s another puzzle.

 

Stewart Russell © January 24, 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment