Monday, January 09, 2023

Who Is Better?

 

Hello, I'm Better Than You | PM Notes 

Because I let you win

You you think you are better than me,

Well, let’s play another game

And we will definitely see.

 

I am better; I am better,

In every way I am better,

Check this second game and you will see

I am definitely better.

 

That first game was a mishap

I did not take you seriously

But note that in this second game

You will be forced to agree.

 

All right, you have won two, so what!

I am still better than you,

Twice you’ve beaten me in your life

But your winning streak is through.

 

Hello, I'm Better Than You | PM Notes

 

I am better; I am better,

In every way I am better,

In this third game you will see

That I am by far the better.

 

That first game was a mishap

The second one was a coincidence,

Now I will teach you a thing or two

And dismantle your offense.

 

This is not looking good at all

Not when you know I am the king,

I’ll wipe that smirk from off your face

And put an end to your fling.

 

Hello, I'm Better Than You | PM Notes

 

Because, I am better, I am better,

In everything I am better,

I am warming to the task

Now you will see that I am better.

 

You can’t get up at number three

Let’s see who is the first to six,

I didn’t tell you when we first started out

But I was in a mind-boggling fix.

 

Something was weighing on my mind

And I could not concentrate,

But now that I have put that behind

Your winning streak will dissipate.

 

I played badly in those three games

And you were able to capitalize,

But that is the end of your little spree

Now here comes your demise.

 

Four five and six and still not a win,

Could this be really true?

Could he really be better than me?

Definitely not in my view!

 

A second six without a win

I have lost twelve games in all,

He is better; he is better,

To admit that is like bitter gall.

 

I cannot put it down to luck

To do so would be a laugh,

It wasn’t dominoes as you had thought,

We were playing draughts.

 

Ghana: The board game Draughts is one of the popular pastimes for men - CGTN

 

I am feeling quite at odds

Having lost a game of draughts

But in the serious matter of life

We take a similar path.

 

We are bent on defeating someone

So we can make it to the top,

But along comes a better one

And we experience a shock.

 

Life is not a game of draughts

To determine who is better

But an opportunity to work hand in hand

So we can achieve together.

 

It is really about team effort

Where our diverse strengths will count

And offsetting the weaknesses we have

Together we will climb the mount.

 

Stewart Russell © January 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment