Sunday, September 11, 2022

Appointment

 

Request an Appointment - Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center

 

 

I am intrigued with words

Especially English words,

A single letter can change the sense

From sensible to absurd.

 

This reading appointment

Might be a disappointment

But that particular outcome

Is not my intent.

 

I had my mind set

On a certain appointment

But when I could not fulfil it

That was a disappointment.

 

An unfulfilled appointment

Becomes a disappointment

And that was certainly the case

With this appointment.

 

Taking time to read my poem

Is definitely an appointment

But if at the end you are not satisfied

Then that is a disappointment.

 

For the living, we know

That death is an appointment,

For the deceased, however,

It is not a disappointment.

 

How do I make an appointment? « Counseling

 

Appointment & disappointment

Note the interplay,

One comes out of the other

And it happens every day.

 

Now for another appointment

The one least recognized,

I refer to His appointment

I hope you’re not surprised.

 

We all have an appointment

With the Almighty God

And none cannot avoid it

By any means at all.

 

By His appointment

I mean at His judgment seat

Before which all must stand:

The strong and the weak.

 

Appointment, disappointment

And His appointment,

If for you the last is the least

You’re in for a disappointment.

 

Stewart Russell © December 14, 2021

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment