Monday, September 26, 2022

Messing with My Head

 

Meme Maker - You taking me for a fool? Meme Generator!

 

I thought I had heard

That food prices were coming down

But my supermarket experience

Makes me feel like a clown.

 

There was to be cap on this

And a cap on that

But somewhere along the line

The cap fell off and that’s a fact.

 

I knew that I couldn’t buy legs

Or even chicken breast

But I could get chicken steppers

And an assortment of the rest.

 

But even so I had to admit

That food prices gone up higher

And that they never came down,

Don’t you dare call me a liar.

 

Dr. Seuss Quote: “It's not about what it is, it's about what it can become.”

 

To be fair they requested

We be patient for it to take effect

But much time has passed

And that hasn’t happened yet.

 

Were that the case

The prices should not have moved

But the prices actually gone up;

Like they taking me for a fool.”

 

“The cost of living come down

But you can’t see it with the naked eye.”

Stated a politician some time back

And he was dead serious, no lie.

 

If that is the case today

They are messing with my head

Cause things are not only brown

But I also seeing red.

 

The thing about politicians-

I mean the ones that get in:

Their experience is not my experience,

For them things are not grim.

 

What things we are forced to buy

Parliamentarians sometimes get free,

It’s just one of the perks;

Become one and you will see.

 

 

House of Assembly of Barbados - Wikiwand

 

They don’t feel the cost of living pinch

In the same way that we do,

We made them high up and better off

It’s time we admit this is true.

 

It is not only at election time

That politicians mess with our head

But more so after the elections

When to the slaughter we are led.

 

I am neither a “B” nor a “D

 In fact, not even an “A” or a “C

So, do not expect too much from me

For I am just a discontented “E”.

 

I am just bright enough to know

They are messing with my head

But I am not smart enough to know

What I can do instead.

 

When I vote “B” I lose,

If I vote “D” I cannot win,

All I can do is take what comes

With a wince and a grin.

 

So, don’t let anyone fool you

That food prices have come down,

You are much brighter than I am

And you are nobody’s clown.

 

Stewart Russell © September 26, 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment